Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sewing Continues and Connects

Asked to show his collage, this young artist proudly shows the side where the sewn yarn shows through....
A long length of fleece is added to form a connection between two collages.
Working at the same table, this artist sews with the lengths of fleece

adding ties with yarn as well as the items already glued to the design.
Week 2 - these artists specifically requested a return to collage the following week, again working with the hole punches and various fibers to build connections and sew lines.
Here different different textures of yarn begin to form a border.
With a line down the middle created in holes cut carefully by folding and using scissors.
And the final piece ready for presentation on a visit to grandma later in the afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathryn,
    A friend sent me a link to your blog, and I'm so glad she did. I know I'll find some interesting ideas here. I work with 2 to 3 year olds, and it looks as though your children may be school aged?
    But so often ideas can be modified - you have some interesting posts. This one of sewing reminded me of the year I worked in an after school program, we met in the school library every day, and I started the children sewing small bags, and things took off from their. Lots of good memories.
    I lovethe stand up loom in the post above.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete